We decided that the pressure of making Valentines Day (or any other holiday) is too much. We exchanged nothing. Except maybe a smooch or two. We started the day with having Jake drive us to Walmart for the weekly grocery list. OMG! STRESSFUL. We put out a distress call to one of our friends, but since no one wakes up as early as us, we were on our own. I think we were both in cardiac stress. We stopped at Lowes before Walmart to pick up window screening and we stalled checking out while our heart rates settled.
Our neighbors invited us over for dinner. A doubling heartracing event. One of their friends fixed Indian food. Our mouths were on fire, but it was delicious. Then towards the end of the evening we discovered that Jake had his gf in while we were out. (He's got himself grounded on Thursday so his movie and dinner plans were cancelled) So now his cell phone was taken away as well.
Scary Freakish Frugal Activity of the Weekend: Veronica has become a chemist, and made her own laundry detergent. Now a 5 gallon bucket of tropical scented gooey slime resides on top of the dryer. We're testing it today. But hey, since 90% of our clothes have come from thrift stores, clearance racks, or hand me downs I'm not out much if I ruin anything. Being conservatively experimental I'm testing it on towels first.
WIS, WWA | kombucha girl
2 days ago
1 comment:
oooooh do tell how the laundry soap works out. I have been buying the Costco brand for ever, but if it works, and is cheaper I might be a copy cat.
Post a Comment