Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I fell off my soapbox---ouch

I've got a hand makeover...I look down and don't recognize them. Since I never get manicures I didn't go wild. I got a delicate pink polish that hopefully won't look too bad when it starts chipping off in two days. I love the stuff they put all over to do the mini hand massage. Why is it when you ask what it is, manicurist are always so secretive? I just wanna know what it is and if Walmart carries it...
I'm making pizza dough. This is probably the 4th time I've used dsil recipe. I can't get enough of it. I discovered today that my dough hooks on the hand mixer actually work. I had to take them out of the plastic wrap to test them out. So the dough is rising and since the mani lady won't share her trade secret I rubbed olive oil all over my hands. Do Italians have soft hands, I wonder?
I've been cheating. My vegetarian vow went out the window. I never did it for the animals. I really could give a flying rats butt how humanely animals are treated when they are slaughtered. It does bother me the conditions that many are raised in. But I chose to ignore that part. I can't afford to stand on my soapbox and eat organic, field raise, hormone growth free meat. So vegetarian was easier. Easier on the pocket and the waistline. Although my weight dropped 24 pounds and my cholesterol dropped 16 points, I fell off the wagon. I've ate meat since last Thursday. The kielbasa probably wasn't the wisest choice to start with....see prior blog of embarrassing moments. I want to get back on it, but I've been overloading on the breads. Especially since I've tried making bagels, pretzel, and pizza dough. And my love of all things potatoes is killing me too.

1 comment:

The Letteer Family said...

I totally didn't know you went vegetarian there for awhile. That's great you lost so much weight. Man, it sounds like you were dedicated. Meat is very hard to stay away from so I don't blame you for slipping up. Maybe if you just have it every once in awhile, it won't be so hard. Hey, I'd like some meatless recipes from you!!! ...that are good. I've been thinking about having some meals like that just because it's cheaper and I've noticed that I feel like I always have to have some kind of meat for dinner in order for it to be complete. :)