Saturday, December 17, 2011

A little closer to Christmas

Started Christmas gift shopping for the kiddo's last Saturday and finished today....well almost.  I need to lay it all out and make sure it's even.  Think I may have to even up the score for girl.  One kiddo is getting all food....he moved out and is staying somewhere temporarily until he can get an apartment---so the practical in me says he needs consumables.  The other two are getting clothes.  I think I went over my budget, but I don't want to pull receipts and start adding it all up. 
Tonight everyone has plans to go out except for me.  I am so excited about my evening in.  Doing a deep condition on my hair, playing Christmas music really loud and wrapping gifts.  Planning on putting the tree up tomorrow if the family cooperates, so I may do a little baking to get ready for that.  I like to make it a family event, with finger foods and party music and maybe a movie afterward if we can still stand each other.  If no one wants to help out then it may not go up until Christmas Eve.  I feel like the Little Red Hen this year.
Yesterday I did get a few Christmas critters and the Nativity sets out.  Love my walk-in attic, because I could dig through the boxes and just put in a basket what I wanted to put out this year.  Not doing the whole sh-bang this year.  Keeping it simple and downscaling.  It's hard, because part of me thinks I should be filling every corner up with Christmas deco and baking 7 different kinds of cookies.  Resisting the baking is essential because if I bake it I will eat it. Once a smidgen of sugar crosses these lips I have a hard time stopping. It's an addiction. And it's not funny.  Seriously I made Cole's favorite Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies on Wednesday and ate so many that my tongue felt like I ate glass.  All I ate that day was cookies, rolo candies and a bowl of cottage cheese.  It was sad and I felt yucky at bedtime.  Still walking that two pounds off.

No comments: