I dug out my old control journal from my FLY lady days (http://flylady.net/), and recreated my master grocery list, printed 5 copies and stuck one on refrigerator. The hope is that the family will highlight items needed as they use up the last of something. Hope. Empty cracker boxes have a 50/50 chance of making it out of the cupboard and into the recycle bin, so I'm not holding my breath that anyone will uncap a highlighter to mark the list. But a girl can dream.
And gasp! I finally started a price book on excel. My need for perfection kept me from starting this--really from finishing. I had several paper versions in each different location we lived, but they never really took off. Today I gathered up a few store receipts and stated plugging the data in excel and now have a primitive starting of a price book. I was hoping someone would create an ipod app for this, but i haven't found it yet.
Still no holiday decorations up, but I did get a big chunk of shopping done for the boys. Two more trips out and it should all be done. In order to meet our goal of paying off the cars, we scaled down gift giving this year...only giving gifts to our kids....and only three each, not counting food goodies that end up in the stockings.
WIS, WWA | kombucha girl
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment