I can finally twist the caps off my drinks. Nothing like going to 7/11 and buying a Pepsi and not being able to open it. Today is my first day with out my thumb stabilizer. Of course I pumped full of aleve in case there is any smidgen of pain.
Mothers Day was good. Jake scrambled some eggs and made toast while everyone (including me) slept on. So I didn't get to sleep in, but that's OK. Ara worked on the bathroom. Stripes are done...looks so classy. I didn't even think to take before pictures....after shots will be coming soon, he still has to put the faucet and light fixture in. In the evening Cole and I were messing around with the soccer ball in...and I was able to give him a pretty good run. But then he stepped it up a notch and we both went for the ball at the same time. I heard a bunch of cracking sounds, gasped and winced out a "holy mother of god, I think you broke my toe", hobbled inside and iced it down. Today the swelling has gone down some and I can bend it, but it is completely purple all the way around.
Lately the kids have been great! knock on wood. It's the hubby driving me nuts. He's so distracted all the time. I thought I would get two weeks off cooking and cleaning. The first night we had leftover soup, the next night around 7:30 I had to fix myself a hot pocket and then Friday night ordered pizza. Sat we picked up some chips and dip at the grocery for lunch and I made my own sandwich. For dinner he grilled 14 hot dogs for the two of us . On mothers day Cole grilled out hamburgers (which he walked away from to kick around a soccer ball) while I slaved over the sides. I wasn't even mad because Ara was working on my bathroom and it was fun to be doing something with Cole. Monday he tried to feed me leftover hot dogs. I wanted a real meal. He made pancakes and scrambled eggs. Started at 5:30, I think we ate close to 7:30. Andrea was a huge help or it may have never got done. Last night I made Taco Soup. Yesterday I hobbled around picking stuff up and putting it away, cleaning bathrooms, and doing laundry. My bruised toe is causing me to walk all lopsided and now my knee and hip are shouting out in pain. So yes! I am really disappointed that Ara finds it so difficult to fix meals and is having a hard time stepping up the the plate for me on this one. That man coddles no one.
WIS, WWA | Hello, Chiquita
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment