On Friday Cole reunited with one of his friends that we're not so thrilled about. I'm sure this kid is a good kid, but the combo of the two of them is not good. They did a camp out at the other kid's house on Friday night. Cole called for a pick up around noon which I thought was odd and then seemed bummed out and sick. I thought he was just tired from the camp out. Sat night the other kids mom calls because she had just found three kayaks hidden at her house under a blanket. The boys had taken someones kayaks and were kayaking in the James river in the dark with no life jackets or paddles. Cole wanted to take the kayaks back on Sat but the other boys didn't---that's why he called for a pick up and was acting weird. Guilt was eating him up. Ara loaded up the boys and kayaks in his truck and knocked on the door of the house where Cole thought the kayaks belonged. Luckily they were cool about it and no police were involved. And I was worried they would play with fire at the camp out, but I guess they were too busy hand paddling 'hot' kayaks up the James. Should I look for the silver ling...they didn't burn down a neighborhood with an illegal bonfire.
Sunday we spent the whole day in the yard. We were up in the yard by 7am. Three wheelbarrow loads of weeds to the woods and one trip to the dump with pruning and now the beds are ready for mulch and some more plants. I think next weekend we are power washing the house. Ara is burnt crispy. He refused to let me put sunscreen on him. Usually he's begging for me to rub his back but not when sunscreen is involved. I kept taking fudgesicles and water breaks. Cole grilled up an amazing lunch for us. He even splashed the buns with vinegar and salt and toasted them on the grill--very gourmet. I made Ara stop at 3pm. I think his sunburn distracted him from any muscle aches he may have had.
Tuesday I finished edging out the back-of-the-house bed because I wanted to redo the walkway off the screen porch. Andrea and Ara ended up helping.
And now I am at Thursday with phase two of the attic on the agenda. I want to move some of the stuff stored in the garage to the attic. But we'll see how energetic I am.....
WIS, WWA | Hello, Chiquita
1 day ago
No comments:
Post a Comment