Friday, April 3, 2009

Different Directions

I think today is the perfect day to go out for a Margarita or two. It's dreary, windy and the week needs to end right. Next week is officially spring break, but the kids were off school today. All the good moms in the neighborhood have been looking forward to spring break. Not me. I dread every spring break and summer break. I thrive on routine. I hate the haphazard out of control that school breaks bring. My kids are all in different directions and since my brain is in a fog most of the time I don't know/remember where they are. So it's not that I don't love being with my kids, it's just that I can't keep up. I am definitely throwing another back to school beer bash for my favorite local moms when spring break ends.

Last week I took the car to the car wash....It was $9.00. I must have been living under a rock for the last few years! When did the price skyrocket? Anyway since dh doesn't have a problem with dirty cars and I do...I'm just going to spend the $9.00 a month to have is washed. Problem solved. Getting out the hose, bucket, finding sponges and doing it myself is too much of a pain. I always envisioned a happy family fun moment where we all wash the cars together, throwing sponges and laughing. Then I woke up.

No comments: