Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Students

I am really doubting myself. Am I strong enough to handle three student drivers back to back? What have I done to myself? The boys had a dental appointment this morning at 8:10 (another what was I thinking moment) and afterwards they pressured me into stopping at the quickie mart...$20 later and in an insane moment I was being scuttled down the road in the bike lane. The sad thing is we weren't on bikes, we were in the van. I know the alignment isn't out on the van...why does he love the shoulder so freakin much???? The back seat driver was screaming "Holy Jesus, get in the lane!". Student driver said it still wasn't as stressful as driving with his dad. There was a tense moment (more than one) when there were bikers in the bike lane and an oncoming bus in the other lane. I closed my eyes. After he (safely) passed the bikers he went right back in the bike lane. I asked, "What? Are you trying to taunt the bikers?" I just couldn't resist. His turns have improved dramatically so I gave him kudos for that. Back seat driver said I was insane because he took the turn so quickly.
When we finally got to the school and kissed the ground, I signed the boys in and the secretary has them memorized. Jake commented how impressed he was that she knew their names. I said it was all thanks to Cole...she almost fell out of chair laughing. Cole was grinning. So I took advantage of his good mood to remind him to enter the classroom quietly, without announcing himself and shaking every ones hand. He took advantage of me and tried to leverage more computer time for tonight. Then some random kid passed by and Cole did his whole, "Hey, what's up?" handshake routine, and then turned around and smirked at me.

3 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

Too funny!

Mom of Three said...

When it's Andrea's turn your going to be a pro at this. You might even consider opening your own behind the wheel classes for new drivers and nervous parents. Side note, I am still traumatized by my mom screaming at me to slow down as I drove 5 mph in the neighborhood.

Unknown said...

Niiiice!