Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break ~ the first half


Ara and I picked up a few new flower pots and a few flowers to perk up the back porch. Since I have decided to give up the back flower beds I dug up what I want to keep and mixed it in with the new. A few petunia, snapdragons and, marigolds are mixed in with the parsley, lemon balm and thyme. I still need to find a new home for the rhubarb. Oh! and on Sunday I made a new recipe ~ Amish Rhubarb Pudding with Warm Cream Sauce ~ It's a new favorite. Any visitors headed this way will definitely be sampling this dish.

Monday brought storms with power outages. Work was so stressful with three out of town visitors and only two staff to do the dialysis and running on the generator. I spent the whole day powering up the computers.
But then Tuesday was Spa Pedicure Day for me.

The weather cooled off so my new soft tootsies are safely tucked away in socks and shoes. :( I didn't bother to take pictures of all of Jake's friends that took over the house. They just play video games anyway. Andi and her friends watched Twilight a couple of times. Notice how they are turning pale (they did spa day too).

I love how Spike looks all snarly is this pic. I'd be snarly too if I was made to sit and watch Twilight again! The girls had also found a goose egg by the pond. They swore it was not in the nest when they found it. When they first showed it to me I wanted to boil it, they shrieked like I was an evil goose killer. They had it all nestled safely in a tin box lines with soft socks. It lasted 1 1/2 days and then got cracked. I am so so thankful for air freshener.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

those girls look great!