Thursday, March 19, 2009

Grumpy, Jumpy, and Lumpy

Now we have the money and the new class is starting up and Andi tells me she doesn't want to do hip hop dance. Ugh... She was such a grumpy bear this morning and last night.
Cole's new alarm clock wasn't successful, but I got him thinking with my "I wonder" technique I read in one of my ADHD books. On the drive to school today I said, "hmmm, I wonder what part in your brain in being so stubborn not letting the ears tell your eyes to open. It's like your ears are hearing it but the brain is blocking the signal for you to wake up". You could see him thinking as I quickly changed the subject and kept rambling on before he could interject and argue. Yesterday he got another after school detention for being tardy 4 days in a row. One of those was for a doctors/ortho appt so I don't think it's fair. He doesn't mind though, probably because it's considered cool to get a tardy detention. Or because it's a forced study hall and he can catch up/get ahead on his homework.
Jake's in the middle of a break up. He's not talking much about it, but is stressed. The other day when his friend got home from the DMV he came over to get Jake. They wanted to go for a walk and 'chill'. I said, "Why, Are you gonna talk about Anna stuff?". They both just grinned. Then I yelled, "Wait, wait...I have something for you". He come back upstairs where I dig a silly key chain out of Ara's dresser and tuck it in his shirt pocket while saying, "Talk towards your pocket. This is NOT a recording device." "Mommmm you are such a dork." "Well, you won't tell me anything and it's driving me crazy. I wanna know what's going on with you".

No comments: