Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Downstairs Floors

Ara took friday and monday off work and got a big chunk of the downstairs flooring project done. Each day he made a trip to Lowe's for supplies. I know, not very efficient, but it works better for him to buy a little at a time and not be overwhelmed with a garage full of stuff. If it gets a project done I'm not complaining. He decided to replace ALL of the baseboards with 5 1/4 inch trim. It looks fantastic!



So all the downstairs floors are done (bathroom remaining) and the trim is up. On Sunday he kept throwing open the closet or pantry door and saying, "Look at that transition!" He's so stinking happy it's funny. Now I want a new sink, faucet, and garbage disposal, but I'm not pushing it.

This is the mayhem of a prior weekend when we had to get the floors done in time to close on Monday.

This is from way back in fall. We let Jake choose the paint color for the living and dining. This is the 'pumpkin butter' living room.


3 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

They look great!

Mom of Three said...

Awesome!!!

Unknown said...

I really like this. The color is really nice too. Warm but not too warm to favor a certain season over another. Very nice Jake! LOVE the tile colors! Baseboards look amazing. REALLY that little bit does make a huge difference. I really like it.