Monday, March 9, 2009

Geometric Nightmare

The floor is done....and it zapped our energy. On Friday on my way home from work Ara called to let me know that the deadline to have the floor done was moved from Monday morning to Sat at 2:00. We no longer had the weekend to work with. We had to start Friday night and finish Sat morn. Beth was a godsend helping me to move everything out and just calming me down in general, and feeding us on Sat. Another neighbor I just met Sat night brought breakfast by on Sunday. I feel so loved.
Ara had been toying with taking up the wood laminate that we had already done and putting a different underlayment down. After tackling this project he changed his mind. I told him it was like childbirth, you forget the pain of it until you're in the middle of it again. He wouldn't recommend any married couples putting in a floor together if they want to keep their marriage intact.

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

What? You mean you and Ara aren't offering to come do mine now? Say it isn't so!

Unknown said...

HAhaha...