Ara is working with a trainer and it's starting to show. He is still off tobacco and sleeping better. He thinks his abdominal pain may have been a pulled muscle.
I am also still losing weight, but at a much much slower rate. I have 5 more pounds to go so I am not sweating it. Ara and I did a detox from The 7 Principles of Fat Burning book. We didn't do the whole 2 weeks, just a weekend and are trying now to incorporate more veggies. I think I may have to buy a giant bottle of Beano---Veggies just don't do so well when they hit my intestinal tract. I've made Kale chip- love them. Roasted Brussel Sprouts- love them and Roasted Asparagus- love them. These are our go to snacks now, along with apples. Kale Chips are super easy to make. Carefully cut the center stems from the Kale and tear into chip size pieces, toss with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and bake until crispy. Definitely the salty crunch just like potato chips.
I don't pack Ara lunch or make him breakfast, since he is totally capable of doing those things. But I do try to have dinner ready or at least something easy planned he can make, since I have two jobs now. He did great making Chili last night. I really wish he loved cooking, so I could have a break or just so we could have fun cooking together. Now that the kids are older, I don't worry so much about having 3 squares a day. Breakfast is a hard boiled egg, or cottage cheese or a protein bar. Lunch is light and Dinner is big enough to have some left for lunch the next day. And there is back up peanut butter and tuna in the pantry.
WIS, WWA | Hello, Chiquita
1 day ago
1 comment:
That's so great guys! Could you please email me about how to make roasted brussel sprouts and asparagus? I don't know if I've ever eaten kale before...brussel sprouts either. I didn't like the smell of them but if you say that you love them I'd love to try them.
Post a Comment