I have spent the last two days researching how to kick the sugar habit. Basically the big theme is to load up on lots of fruits and veggies and lean proteins while laying off the simple carbs. Don't know if I will ever be able to completely kick sugar to the curb, but my goal is to eat less sugars. So tonight Ara and I made a fruit and veggie grocery run. (I know this goes against our once a month shopping goal, but I don't think we could have made it 10 more days--still perfecting the once a month goal) The most unhealthy thing that ended up it the cart was Special K protein shakes and bars. I just can't eat an egg every morning for breakfast and stopping at 7eleven every morning for a protein bar was getting pricey. Aiming for 5-9 servings of fruit and veggies a day. Apparently fresh fruits and veggies give you a more steady supply of energy too.
The other big change in our lives....I got a second job at Books-a-Million. We'll see how it goes. I am nervous that Ara won't be able to keep up with the house and cooking dinner and that I won't be able to do it all. So now I will be working two part time jobs. Insane. But necessary right now. So I am researching crock pot meals and trying to think of others ways to simplify household chores. My talent for organization and efficiency will be tested.
WIS, WWA | Hello, Chiquita
1 day ago
1 comment:
So cool about the books-a-million job! If you come up with some yummy crockpot meals let me know!
Post a Comment