All my little ideas for my hobby room are coming together. Yesterday Ara and I went to Lowe's/Home Depot for roofing supplies and I snagged the spray paint for an old school desk to transform into a spunky sewing machine table. They only had two cans of the color I wanted. So instead of painting the desk...I painted an ugly brown bulletin board. Mediterranean Blue. As soon as it dries---cork sucks up a lot of paint, even with primer---the frame is getting painted white. Then I am tagging an old metal trashcan that came from Ara's grandma's basement and a flower pot to match two Southern Living pots I already have. Cole has some red spray paint leftover from his project---that I may use to spray the tacks so I have some bright red tacks on my cool blue bulletin board.
I also corralled all the craft supplies---now the sorting begins.
On another note--Ara got the roof done. Hurricane Irena damaged parts of the ridge vent, and he finished replacing it all today. He was puking in the backyard--not pretty--due to heat exhaustion. I really had a hard time getting him to sit still after that. I know he is itching to mow the yard now, but I won't let him. Twice now he's been off the couch and I found him outside---so reminds me of Cole's toddlers years at nap time.
WIS, WWA | kombucha girl
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment