Sunday, September 4, 2011

Productive Labor Day Weedend...so far

Ara got the ridge vent over the garage fixed.  I hated him being up there balancing and hammering all by himself.  But I am glad he is handy.  I think he does a better job than someone we would hire.
I finally took all my frames apart to prep them for painting and then discovered that I only have glossy black paint on hand.  Time for a paint run to pick up some flat black.  We did have paint on flat black in a can so I did repaint the rusty, tetanus scary, planter  and did a quick coat on the park bench iron parts and touched up an old milk can. Tomorrow I plan on repainting the wooden parts red.  Loving this weather, it's perfect for getting all these projects done.  I have an indoor bench that I want to do something with---debating on painting it with outdoor paint and recovering the cushion with outdoor fabric to put on the back screened in porch---but the cats will just get it all furry...so I don't know.  I may just darken up the wood and pop some new fabric on it and move it upstairs. 
Today was a relaxing beach day and cookout with the neighbors.  I am lobster pink, except for my face...that spf in bare minerals really works.

No comments: