Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of College

Jake's first day of college is today.
and
what a nightmare. Thomas Nelson is truly a self service college. I thought we were all set with the financial aid 3 weeks ago, but when we went to print the schedule and map of campus all of his classes except for one were dropped. Apparently only part of the loan was awarded and it only covered one class, but here's the kicker---the loan requires at least 6 credit hours but is only enough to pay for 3 credit hours. How asinine is that. And I have no idea why the rest of the loan didn't get credited to his account. So I stood in the financial aid line for 2 hours while he went to his only class that was not dropped just to hear the lady tell me that she can't answer my questions about his account unless I have some other waiver filled out by him. I asked my questions anyway and she pulled up his stuff on her computer and said, 'hmmm'. and then she told me what 'he' would need to do to get back in the classes. So I plunked down some cold hard cash to get his bases covered and he has to go to each dropped class and have the instructor sign an "add/drop enrollment" form---the same damn form we filled out three weeks ago. But I think we have it smoothed out and I've been running interference so he's not getting too stressed.

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

That's horrible! I hope things get better, Dave is taking a motorcycle class through them this weekend, to get a license so he can possible do it for the police department... so far they have been a pain in the butt to deal with for just this one class that's over in 3 days...

The Letteer Family said...

That's crazy!