
I've got Pizza Biscuits in the oven now, and am dying to sink my fork into it. I didn't have 2 8oz cans of pizza sauce so I subbed 16oz jar of pasta sauce. I even splurged and bought peperoni---which is hard to keep in the house because Ara eats it like a bag of chips.
I've also been playing The Grocery Game. Yes, I pay for this service that matches up local coupons with locals sales and save me tons. It's $10 every 8 weeks. And my last trip knocked almost $90 off the total receipt. So I'm not complaining. I even got 10 boxes of Hamburger Helper for free and one chocolate milk for free! Little things like that keep my picky eater (Cole) eating. In just one month I have a stockpile of cereal, laundry detergent, shampoo, shave cream, toilet paper, and pasta sauce. So this new game has me searching through my ever growing collection of cookbooks to find new recipes to use what I have, thus the new cookbook purchase.
I feel bad, but not really. Ara dropped his first class for the his Masters. It's just poor timing with the stress of teens. All three have their issues right now -- and if you're a praying sort add them to the list.
On a lighter note, I LOVE LOVE my new nook.

(the ereader from Barnes&Noble) I just downloaded the new software and now have a web browser...I can get on my email with my nook....still a little cumbersome to scroll around to see the whole screen and to type of the touch pad but still exciting all the same. Still need a cute cover/case for it. But every time I talk of buying something for myself I get backlash from Andi because she wants new clothes. Grrr.
2 comments:
I'll hook you up with Pioneer Woman... if you want to borrow it feel free, or I copy some of the stuff you like. The Nook looks really cool, I went in B&N today to get the kids some books with a gift card they got for xmas, and it looks alot better then the Kindle. I have to admit though, that Ipad with kinda app looks really sweet too, but so expensive!
Very cool game! I'll have to try that when I get back to the States! I've heard of the Pioneer Woman as well. I haven't tried any of her recipes though. I hope things start looking up for the kids.
Post a Comment