Thursday, November 12, 2009

November Nor'easter

November Nor'easter has hit. The news is saying that the rain and flooding will be worse than Hurricane Isabel. Ara had a hard time finding a way home from work today because a couple of trees were down. I didn't even go in and they've already called school off and my work called and told me not to come in. woo-hoo. I wanted to do a family dinner tonight, but the weather threw me off. It was getting dark so I started cooking and dinner was done at 3:30. The boys ate with me and then Ara finally rolled in and I sat with him, but we totally missed Andi. She's rearranging the posters in her room or something. I wanted to start a fire, but it's 71 in the house so Ara says no. boo-hoo. And he went behind me and blew out the oil lamps...I'm holding my ground with the candles.

Cole's got moved from third string to first string, but his game was called with the weather. And wrestling is starting for him next week...unless football wants him to wait. But all the coaches told him to start eating peanut butter and steaks and potatoes. I found a milkshake recipe online and its loaded. The mighty milkshake~ 1/2 cup premium ice cream, 1/2 cup heavy cream, 1/2 cup whole milk, 1 packet of carnation instant breakfast mix. A little thinner than Chick-fil-A but just as yummy. He's had two a day and I finally ran out of cream.

2 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

That milkshake sounds delicious!

I didn't even know there was a hurricane right now. I guess that happens when you live on the otherside of the world. I guess it would help if I watched or read the news everyonce in awhile as well. :) Well, good luck with everyone and enjoy each other's company! :)

Veronica said...

Hurricane Isabel hit this area in 2003. We're just experiencing a nor'easter