Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Motivated Cheater

Today I am cheating. On Sunday I didn't feel well, and on Monday I woke up with a mild fever. Okay it was only 99. I worked my butt off sanding and staining and sealing Ara's old dresser. It looks great, not as dark as I wanted it, but still a huge improvement. All the nicks and little scratches of character are still preserved. Next I have to tackle the darn knobs. Ugg. In my whirlwind of motivation, I decided that I needed to clean the upstairs carpet. Today I used my fever and may be contagious excuse to call out sick at my volunteer job. yikes. I feel so guilty, but the carpets upstairs are looking almost new. I stopped at Target on my way to rent the Rug Doctor intending to buy one of those handheld steam machine made by Shark...saw it on an infomercial, but I ended up buying a towel bar, toilet paper holder, and Halloween hand towels and rug for the downstairs. Story of my life-impulse purchase. I'm gonna attempt to use a power tool to get the towel bar and toilet paper holder up so I don't have to bug Ara with it. That is if I don't melt into a heap after this wrestling tournament with the carpet machine. I am also in the middle of cleaning out my kitchen. Never hurts to have lots of projects going at once (sarcasm). The thing with deep cleaning the kitchen is that I never want to cook in it later after it's all sparkly and fresh, but everyone still wants to eat.

No comments: