Thursday, July 9, 2009

summer pokes on by

So I got up bright and early...not too early, and got myself to aerobics. Apparently the instructor is recovering nicely from her bout with pneumonia. She put me through the ringer. I've been in my cushy chair for hours now. I hope I can walk tomorrow. My inner ears are still loaded with fluid...so my balance in non existent.
I did get motivated and called WRL (library) and checked on the status of my volunteer application. I signed up with the adopt a shelf and haven't heard back. I think I am soo wonderful that the phone should be ringing off the hook. Isn't that life...moves super fast when you aren't paying attention and then when you are waiting on something it just pokes by.
Also checked on some job applications...fingers are crossed for an interview next week.
Got Jake's application ready to mail for his volunteer work at the Settlement. He choice is to work with people in modern clothes (surprised he didn't want to be in costume). Senior pictures were today...deep sigh...he could have cared less if he had pics or not. The school requires a formal shot in tuxedo (that they provide) for the yearbook, and that is all he wanted to do. I talked him into one in casual clothes with 6 poses and 2-3 backgrounds. I didn't go with...because I was at aerobics...so I am anxious to see how they turned out.

1 comment:

The Letteer Family said...

I hope you are able to put pictures up of Jake when you get them. I would LOVE to see them!

I've never heard of adopt a shelf. What's that?