Thursday, June 18, 2009

the world would be a happier place if they all wised up and just LISTENED

okay. It's only thursday. Day two of summer break and I am already wondering why the hell did I even have kids. I obviously don't have the skill set to teach them any sort of manners, or boundaries, or respect. Oh, now I remember because Ara wanted kids. Guess he needed company since he's refused to grow up or act with any type of maturity while raising them. Yes. I am bitter. I took our 17 yo to get his third, yes third, replacement permit. He drove me all over for four hours of complete heart stopping hell. Ara refuses to ride with him. So once again, it's all on me. Me to get Cole straight in school, me to keep Andi straight, and me to launch Jake into life with somewhat adult skills. I've got 8 out of 45 hours completed of the road time with Jake....god help me. He can have his license sometime in July if we could just pull it together with the drive time. three things! braking before you're on the bumper, turning and keeping all four wheels on the road, and staying in your lane. pretty important driving skills. who cares if he uses his turn signals, has his hands at 4 and 8 o'clock --- just stay in the f*cking lane, brake-brake-BRAKE, and slow down to turn! Obviously hitting a mailbox didn't teach him a damn thing!

I can't even go into my frustration with Cole today! can't even go there. Let's just say, I have lost my voice----and he has called his dad at least twice begging him to come home because I am 'ballistic' or some crap. ADHD or not I am sick and tired of the stupid impulsiveness.

And I am sick of Andi and the damn phone attached to her head. It's stupid and a waste. What the hell is there to say after 4 hours? I worked a 9 hour day yesterday and I am sure she was on the phone 82% of that time. And of course I AM THE IDIOT for even suggesting that Ara spend more time with her so she's not running off trying to get attention from other guys.

I'm telling ya the world would be a happier place if they all wised up and just LISTENED to what I am saying.

2 comments:

Mom of Three said...

You have my support and sympathy's...

Dorshan said...

ditto... I give you kudos for all your efforts. It is challenging with strong willed curious personalities, and when your parenting alone in your ideals it makes it all the more difficult. Let us know if we can help and you always have my support. Unfortunately you'll always have my long-winded replies!! ROFL