Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Job updates

I got an email response from the York County School system to call and set up pre-employment testing. Hopefully I pass! She said it was literacy and competency testing. I think I measure up. HaHa. Weds is the big test---at three. I'm not nervous, Yet. The scheduling dilemma is that Cole has football camp at 4:30. Yesterday he skipped because I worked late. I forgot I had inventory to do---well I remembered but kept procrastinating--I didn't think it would take so long. Kind of ticked at him because he can walk 5 miles to a fishing hole, but not 2 miles to the school for football. So like I said, hopefully I pass and will be considered a candidate. Who knows how many applicants they have to sort through. My current boss's husband works at the school that has the opening. She was going to ask him if he would write a letter of recommendation. We'll see. My only hang up is typing. I am addicted to that backspace button like crack. I don't think I have ever typed a perfect page. So my errors cancel out my speed. I HATE typing test. And typing is only 5% of what any secretary does. Redirecting phone calls is probably number one, followed by answering emails and then shuffling paperwork into some organized system into a file cabinet. data entry and software use is NOT the same kind of typing.

I am wrestling with driving my sweet self to ACE in Newport News to pick up some already made corn hole boards. This would be Ara's fathers day gift. And I would need the extra time to get them painted. Wish I was artistic enough to do a KISS motif or some other 80's rock band. He'll be lucky if I can do stripes. His favorite color is hunter green, but I don't think that is bright enough. The problem is hiding them and the expense out of the checking account until fathers day. He's got that checkbook in a choke hold. I think I'll pull 80 out at the atm and tell him I owe some people some money---like a loan shark or something. heeheehee

No comments: