Saturday, December 28, 2013

Glutened

Today I am a hot mess.  I have been in denial thinking that I could cheat and sneak a few bites of gluten here and there.  I need to face the facts.  I have had a sinus infection since before Thanksgiving and thought it was just seasonal.  After two rounds of antibiotics I realize now that it's the gluten causing the inflammation that's causing the infections.  I feel like I have been hit by a truck. My ears hurt, my joints hurt, my back hurts, my face hurts.  I am so bloated and gassy and I have no energy, but can't seem to fall asleep.  And I haven't given myself any time to recover.  And today I compounded it by eating onion rings like an idiot.  Today the brain fog was so bad that if Ara hadn't been with me running errands I would probably still be driving around Williamsburg mindlessly.  I WILL NEVER EAT GLUTEN AGAIN. 
On that note, I really really wish Ara would take an interest in cooking.  I also HATE cooking.  I love eating though. 
lots and lots of tea and plain chicken in my future until I recover from poisoning myself with gluten.

1 comment:

The Letteer Family said...

Ugh! I keep wondering if that's my problem, but I really am not motivated enough to go without it. I get little desires to do it here and there, but just can't seem to get around to actually doing it. How long was it after going off gluten that you really noticed a difference?