Monday, August 30, 2010

My day fell into a million tiny pieces. Andi and I had dentals at 10:00 so I thought that meant I could sleep in. Of course not. Ara had to call just after he left to tell me he thougt the transmission and brakes were going out on the truck. Which meant he was playing the blame game on whose fault it would be. I still stand by my opinion that statistically he drives it more than anyone else so it would be his fault. Turns out it was the parking brake that was stuck...try driving over 20 miles with the parking brake stuck and that would be freaky because you can't get over 45 mile per hour. He was planning on dropping it at the shop anyway because of a high pitch chirping sound....the shocks and struts were just replaced less than a week ago...so it needed lubed and a screw was loose causing the chirping. I told him his truck was acting just like him with a screw loose and making weird noises and a stuck brake (he can be stubborn). So no sleeping in and Ara was convinced for at least 4 hours that we needed to buy another new car. Then the dental stuff went smoothly and after that we did a girls lunch out. Girly got her braces off. Of all the places she wanted to eat she chose Hardee's. BTW the hand breaded chicken tenders are good. Then we headed home for a bit before a transition meeting at the high school for Andi. I've sat through many IEP meetings with these same faces for another child and listening to their spiel today was just irritating. Tried to put on my grin and bear it face and just muck through it. Then the day spiraled because I made a pit stop at the house and Cole was home...so that meant mom's taxi service. What turned into a quick 'take me to rec' ended up being Cody's house then rec then Noah's then rec then Chick-Fil-A then Noah's then Ashtons then College Creek....a 2 hour ordeal. grrr. And BTW Cole has his permit so he was doing all the driving so it was two hours of holding my breath and trying to appear calm. The boy wanted to tackle 199 Monticello merge and I so wasn't ready for that. But he did it and I survived. So by the time Andi and I got to JCPenny's to look at back packs and she then tells me she doesn't 'like' Jansport and is putting the pressure to buy super short shorts with rips...I lost it. It was now after 5. And another P90X Monday. I started off growling and pissy but by the end I was smiling and I'm not so irritated. But now it's dinner time and Ara has disappeared. I think he's out bothering the neighbors again. 1 Mississippi 2 Mississippi 3 Mississippi

No comments: