Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowstorm 2010 continues

We had a little break, but now the snow is back. When I drove Cole to school at 7 the big fat flakes started falling and by 9 we were in a white out. Andi had just barely gotten on the bus and called to let me know that the bus was bringing her back. School decided to dismiss early. I had to go and get Cole at 11; he called and asked me to pick him up because he didn't trust the bus on the roads. (eye roll) I had started my way to work but slid through an intersection so I turned my happy behind around and came back home. It's been over 20 years since I've driven in snow and I wasn't any good at it then. By the time I got back home the drive was already drifting. And I only made it to 7-11 before I turned around--that's barely a mile. I got the driveway shoveled out. That was a first for me. I can't believe I made it to 40 without ever shoveling snow...well yes I can because most of my adult life has been in the south. The programmable thermostat and I are fighting. It's programmed to drop to 61 while everyone is gone. Yikes that's cold. I keep bumping it up, but it wants to do its own things....so I literally did laps around the downstairs until I warmed up. My dog thinks I'm a freak. And to top things off, there is no chocolate in the house--I've already had two diet pepsi and don't know how much longer I can hold off on snacking.

1 comment:

Mom of Three said...

lucky you getting to go back home though... I made it work, and then it got bad and I wanted to leave to go home but I was stuck there... I did leave early and missed all the madness on the interstate.