Thankfully one of the most difficult weeks of this summer with the teens is coming to a close. Notice I said THIS summer. I am sure we have many more difficult times ahead of us. I literally said to one...you're done! sex, drugs, rock&roll...get the 'been there done that' t-shirt and straighten up. I really don't expect my kids to get through their teens without making mistakes. But damn! it's hard to watch. Got through the tears and lectures (no questions please). Shared some of my (gulp) teen mistake stories with them...along with the be safe be responsible speech. I know no one wants to be a goody goody, but geez! don't go out of your way to be a bad ass. Why? Why? were my kids not born to be huge geeky nerds...I'd much much rather be arguing with them to put down the book or scientific calculator and hang out with friends then fighting the curfew battle.
2 comments:
I have to commend you on sharing your mistakes with your kids... I command you to treat yourself to a pedicure on the first day of school!
LOL... I LOVE YAH! You're doing a great job!
Post a Comment