Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Tuesday in Summer

I think the only thing anyone really wants out of life is to be understood. Not loved, not respected, not cherished. Just understood. So many of us are so busy trying to be heard and understood that in the end no one is actually listening to any one.

After work yesterday, I picked up Andrea and we signed up for the summer reading programs at the library and then headed over to the rec center and got a schedule of the aerobic classes. Tomorrow she has cheer camp for one day and hopefully Thursday we can do our first class at the rec. Still deciding on boot camp, yogilates, or something called 20/20/20. She's not super excited about any of it, but I don't really care at this point because I am not super excited with her choice of activities---phone, internet, phone. Shes grounded from both the phone and computer until the end of summer. Becoming a little obsessed and not using her best judgement. Ara shut down her facebook, myspace and email accounts.

Last night I had a crazy burst of energy and got my van cleaned out...finally. It was such a mess. Then this morning at 7 am (didn't quite beat the blazing sun, but almost) I got the outside washed up nice and sparkly. After that I drove down and picked some wild blackberries that grow in our neighborhood, then came home and jumped into my swimsuit and took Andi to the beach along the river to catch some sun. We only lasted an hour because we forgot the sunscreen and didn't want to burn crispy. I came back and over half the blackberries I picked are missing. Jake and his friends discovered them. I wanted to make a cobbler---now I'll have to add some other fruit to make up the difference. The used book store didn't want any of my books this time. She said to try back later, because they are in great shape, but they are overstocked in young reader books right now. grrr.

3 comments:

The Letteer Family said...

I cleaned the inside of our car today. It was a huge mess as well. The outside still needs cleaned. I also cancelled my facebook account. I just felt like I was spending way too much time on it so I got rid of it altogether. It was really freeing. :) Now I'm hardly ever on the computer anymore.

Unknown said...

Well as for your understanding theory... I think that's probably because people think that if they WERE understood they would be loved, respected and cherished. hahaha

Sparkly car... wow... nice! I've heard good things about boot camp... OBVIOUSLY I've not done it yet... or I'd probably look better. haha!

Well, we seriously had devastation here because Andrea may not be coming... I am trying to call you to talk about some stuff... WORK WITH ME!!! LOL CHEER CAMP?? OH LORDY she needs to come here FAST!!! ;) Sea world, horseback riding, homeschool is WAY more fun that "Hey Mickey You're So Fine" chants... ;) Love your blogs keep them coming...

Veronica said...

Oh Megan, I am so so sad that you gave up facebook. It was such a great application for us to keep in touch.

Dorshan, you always bust me for my phone call screenings...truth is I have been limited on time and had Andi under heavy survelance :) I like to block out several hours for you because once we get started we go on and on. :) I am still trying to talk to Ara about it. Cash is tight and the logistics of travel fell apart...so we'd have to do a round trip.